Andrey Kurnosov, a master of sports in swimming, a professional swimmer and a member of the corporate team Glorax Life (a part of Andrei Birzhin’s Glorax Group), took part in the XXV Open Swimming Cup of Russia in the Masters category. The athlete won a plenty of medals in different races – 5 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze.
XXV Open Swimming Cup of Russia in the Masters category was held from 16 to 18 November at the Palace of Water Sports in Saransk. More than a thousand athletes came to the start – a record number for this tournament. Professional swimmer Andrey Kurnosov once again demonstrated good results and an unswerving will to win.
A member of the Glorax Life team won prizes in several categories at once:
• 50 metres, crawl – gold. Time – 23.07
• Men’s relay race 4×50 metres, crawl – gold. Time – 23.44
• Men’s combined relay race 4×50 metres, breaststroke – gold. Time – 28.48
• Combined relay race 4×50 metres, crawl – gold. Time – 22.94
• Combined relay race 4×50 metres, breaststroke – gold. Time – 28.40
• 100 metres, complex – silver. Time – 59.70
• 50 metres, brass – silver. Time – 29.00
• 50 metres, butterfly – bronze. Time – 25.86
“Preparation for such Championships takes an average of two months and includes many kilometres of swimming and regular training in the hall. The entire training process and even performances at the tournaments are built in such a way as to reach the peak sports form for the 2019 World Aquatics Championships in Korea.”
Now Andrey Kurnosov has already begun preparations for the Dutch Open Championship in the Masters category, which will be held at the end of January.